Friday 22 May 2015

Homegrown Reuser: Kersti

This is the third installment of our Homegrown Reuser series. Let me introduce you to Kersti from Bramble Handmade; she love to recycle, repurpose, and redesign! It's her motto!

Who are you? 

Hi, my name is Kersti, from Bramble Handmade. I am a local artist from Calgary who recycles, repurposes, recreates and redeems old items into happy, new loves. I strive to give old and unappreciated pieces new life through changing their looks and updating their uses.
I love to take old (usually ugly!) picture frames, and recreating them into lovely practical earring display frames, chalk boards, or white boards.

Where do you get them?
I get all my various frames, furniture, tins, buttons everywhere, literally, from back alleys. To the dump!

What is your favorite piece of work you have done and why?
I don't know if I have a favorite piece to be honest. I really love that every piece I make is different and I try to pull the unique features out of each piece, because we are all different. Similar, yet different. 
Vintage Button Bobby Pins

What inspired you to do this?
I have always been able to create and use recycled products, so it just made sense! There is so much in the world that we think is useless,but it isn't. It just needs to be recycled, redesigned, repurposed, and finally redeemed!

Do you have any tips/ inspiring words to share with newbie reusers?
Just have fun, get dirty, and challenge yourself! 

What are your goals for the future, both with work and life?
My greatest goal for my life is to love Jesus, live with passion and love others fiercely. How that works itself out I am very excited to see! With Bramble Handmade, I am just trying to learn as much as I can, help make beautiful useful art for our homes, and completely unique jewelry. I also want to teach others how to look past what is in front of us, and see the beautiful potential in old, used or broken pieces. 

Where can we find you?
I am on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest under Bramble Handmade. I also have a website which is under construction. So very soon you'll be able to see what I do, know where I am going and where to buy my pieces. at www.bramblehandmade.ca
Facebook: Bramble Handmade
Instagram: Bramble Handmade
Pinterest: Bramble Handmade


- Michelle (Volunteer)

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw your booth at he Home Show this spring. Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete